Each country is known for its own peculiarity: sights, and cuisine or products. As for the Czech Republic, the first thing that comes to mind is Bohemian crystal. You can see the utensils from this material here https://aleks-crystal.com/.
- Its history goes back more than one century. After the 17th century, it began to spread throughout the world. One of the reasons is that it is much stronger, cleaner than even the Venetian glass. Today the following products are made from Czech glass:
- fruit makers;
- containers for salads;
- jugs.We will learn more about the features and benefits later in the article.
The main advantages, features of crystal
Such a service remains in demand to this day. Why is everyone so fond of Bohemian crystal? There are many reasons for this:
- Transparency. This is despite the fact that crystal glass are very durable.
- Unusual overflow of colors. This is all thanks to lead.
- Melodiousness of glass when touched.
- Beautiful engraving. Any pattern can be displayed on the glass. Even the thinnest lines!
How to distinguish from a fake
Bohemian glass service belongs to an expensive price segment. In this regard, a lot of unscrupulous sellers have appeared on the market. They often try to sell ordinary glass under the guise of crystal. How can you protect yourself from counterfeiting? Let’s consider several ways:
- When buying, carefully study the products. Monotonous shine without iridescent overflows is one of the signs that this is a fake.
- Any damage. On a vase, glasses, other types of products, there should be no scratches, bubbles or other mechanical defects.
- Be sure to ask for a touch of Bohemian crystal. If you take a glass, and it warms up for a few minutes in your hands, it is usually glass. Real crystal can keep cold for a very long time.
- Choose trusted outlets. Often in the markets you can see vases made of real Czech crystal at an affordable price. Don’t be fooled – most likely these are ordinary vases made from other materials.
- To buy real crystal for sure, choose only company stores where you can ask for product documentation.
If you hold a glass and you do not hear a ringing sound, then you will see an ordinary glass. Also, short dull sounds are considered a bell.
Another way to check is to bring the product to sunlight. If you can see flow lines on it, then this is not real crystal.